The log file Monitor allows you to monitor any type of log files (.txt) generated by your machine’s operating system. By configuring the log file monitor, you can receive the following outputs:
- Number of lines processed
- Number of regular expression matches found in the processed lines
Adding a log file monitor
Before proceeding, please ensure that you have created the component and that your Anturis private agent for Windows/Linux is running.
- On the Component page, click Add/Remove Monitors > Add Custom Monitor.
- Select the Local Resources Monitors tab and Software sub tab view.
- Select Log File and click Next.
- Select a server from the list and click Next.
- Enter the Log file path.
- Under Count Expression enter the string or regular expression to look it up.
- Enter the Expression Syntax, if needed.
- Select Rolling file if you want to read the file from the last marked string.
- Select Read Whole file if you want to read the log file from the beginning.
- [Optional] Select the Valid amount of found expression attribute; choose the interval type and set the values for the chosen interval.
- [Optional] Select the Look for marker attribute and enter the expression under Expression; select Found in or Not found in under Expected and choose the expression syntax from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a Monitor Name and set consecutive measurements.
- Click Next.
- On the Monitor test result step, click Next when the test is passed.
- Click Finish.
To manage your monitor, click View/Edit parameters.
Customer support service by UserEcho