An FTP Monitor allows you to test the availability and response time of your FTP server, via public and private agents.
Once you add an FTP monitor for your FTP server, Anturis Agent will start trying to connect to your FTP server according to the time intervals you specified, to check if your FTP server is accessible.
An FTP Monitor connects to the specified FTP port and waits for the server to respond with a standard "Service Ready for a new user" Code 220 message.
Adding an FTP monitor
Before proceeding, please ensure that you have created the component.
- On the Component page, click Add/Remove Monitors > Add Custom Monitor.
- Select the Web-Servers Monitors tab and Web protocols sub tab view.
- Select FTP/FTPs and click Next.
- Select the agents (servers) from the list.
- Under Host, enter an IP/domain name of the target FTP server.
- Select a period of time from the Monitor Period drop-down menu.
- If needed, select security properties.
- Click Next.
- [Optional] Change the Port Number.
- [Optional] Select SSL/TLS.
- [Optional] Under Timeout, set the value for an Error threshold and Warning threshold.
- Enter a Monitor Name and set consecutive measurements.
- Click Next.
- On the Monitor test result step, click Next when the test is passed.
- Click Finish.
To manage your monitor, click View/Edit parameters.
Customer support service by UserEcho