The swap usage Monitor allows you setting to set swap usage thresholds so that you are alerted if your machine’s swap (OS) utilization reaches the warning or error level that you specified. The swap usage monitor uses local communication to test the amount of processor capacity.
Adding a swap usage monitor
- On the Component page, click Add/Remove Monitors.
- Click Add Custom Monitor (“+”).
- Select the Local Resources Monitors tab and Software sub tab view.
- Select Swap usage and click Next.
- Select the server from the list and click Next.
- Select a Value for chart type.
- Check swap usage is selected by default.
- [Optional] Enter Error threshold (%) to receive an error if your swap capacity will exceed this amount of usage and enter the threshold value under the Warning threshold.
- Check swap-out rate is selected by default.
- [Optional] Enter Error threshold (%) to receive an error if your swap-out rate exceeds this usage and/or enter the threshold value under the Warning threshold.
- Enter a Monitor Name and set consecutive measurements.
- Click Next.
- On the Monitor test result step, click Next when the test is passed.
- Click Finish.
Customer support service by UserEcho