Adding and managing a new infrastructure
In order to create a new infrastructure, follow the steps below:
- Open the drop-down menu in the top left corner.
- Click + new Infrastructure.
- Enter an Infrastructure name and click Add.
To make changes for your infrastructure, open the top left drop-down menu. Then, click the arrow icon for your infrastructure and choose the Delete or Rename option in the dialog box.
Note: The first infrastructure is created automatically and cannot be deleted.
The Infrastructure page has three views: a schema view, a problems view, and a dashboard view. To switch between the views, click the corresponding name in the top center of the screen.
All views provide access to the different features and operations that are described below.
The Schema Overview page allows you to see all components that are in your infrastructure. The schema overview is selected by default.
Each schema component shows health statuses as small circles in the top left corner. If any component fails, the circle is marked red. If all are okay, the circle is marked green. If no data is gathered, the circle is marked grey. If there is a warning, the circle is marked orange.
Above the main area is a toolbar with three tools: Select, Link, and Unlink. To select a tool, just click on it.
- The Select tool allows users to manage components. Clicking on any component opens a pop-up box menu, which has a list of monitors included in that particular component and their latest statuses. Alternatively, point at a component and a pop-up box will appear.
- The Link tool allows users create component dependencies between different components.
- The Unlink tool allows users to remove component dependencies.
The Problem Overview page represents all current and recent problems with your components.
To navigate through the problem overview, you can switch between the Current Problem tab and the Recent Problem tab. By default, the Current Problem tab is selected.
If there is a current problem with an existing component in your chosen infrastructure, the details of the problem will be shown. To see detailed information, follow the steps below.
- Click on the left arrow.
- Click Detail.
- Read more about the error and click OK when finished.
To configure the Problems Overview table, click the gear icon, and then customize the table columns. The table will simultaneously update.
The Dashboard Overview page allows you to see a graphical representation of data points on a monitor over a period of time.
To create a new dashboard, follow the steps below.
- Click add.
- Create a Dashboard name.
- Click + and select the monitors that you want to see on the dashboard.
- Click Create.
Note: You cannot add more than seven monitors for each dashboard.
Now, you can see the graphical representation of data points on the selected monitors over a period of time.
To view your collected data from the Dashboard Overview page, you can select the date segment you wish to view. This includes day, hour, month, and year. You can also select a single date in time through the popup window calendar, by clicking on that day.
If you want to view just one or two measured lines, unselect the checkboxes under the graph. The legend will be replaced with only the selected lines.
To view all data again, select the checkboxes.
In order to modify the current dashboard, follow the steps below.
- Select Edit, and then select Manage Monitors.
- Click Save Dashboard to make changes.
To delete a dashboard select Remove, and then agree with the warning message.
Customer support service by UserEcho